Sunday, November 22, 2020

 Martin D-35 guitar for sale – John Calvi, Putney VT 

THIS GUITAR IS NOW SOLD.  BIDDING HAS ENDED. THANKS!

PS Bidding is now up to $2,500, hoping to close in the next 10 days or so.

PS Martin Guitar serial # 372620 


I bought this wonderful instrument brand new with the Martin hardshell case in May 1976. This is the Martin model that has been the most popular guitar since the 1960’s folk music boom.  

 

I used this guitar to teach music and lead Sings at Killooleet Summer Camp in Hancock VT from 1975 to 1983.  This is also the guitar I used when composing my song- The Ones Who Aren’t Here recorded by Meg Christian at Carnegie Hall 1981. Suede also recorded this song on her great first album in 1988 AND used my guitar to make the recording.  

 

This is the guitar I used when composing my song- A Little Gracefulness recorded by The Short Sisters in 1987.  And my song French Fries recorded by Kim Wallach. I used this guitar to perform in gay coffeehouses and pride marches in cities through the 70’s & 80’s.

 

The distinctive three-piece back and antique white binding around the fingerboard set it apart. Premium East Indian rosewood on back and sides, Sitka spruce face, and a timeless Dreadnought shape make the Martin D-35 special.

 

I am selling this wonderful instrument now at 68 because I have lost my singing voice and haven’t composed or performed in several years.  Personally, I’ve thought of myself as a singer songwriter for most of my life – performing at 14, a week after getting my first guitar.  All that has shifted.

 

Now, all of my focus, my talents, and my intentions are given to healing work with trauma survivors – prisoners, sexual assault survivors, tortured refugees, AIDS, etc.  Most importantly, an excellent instrument should be in good hands and be well used.  (And I could use the $ for some medical bills.)


Please email me at calvij@sover.net with offers to buy this guitar.  Bidding starts at $2,000.  I hope to be done before the holidays.  Thanks for your support – John Calvi