Wednesday, July 28, 2021

 Dear All,                                                                                                  July 16, 2021

 

My thanks to the very many people who have been in touch with good care and strong support during my illness.  You have provided a tremendous foundation to encourage hope and wellness from all the circles of my life. Thank you.  I am grateful & honored.

 

And I am a little bit better.  Along with all your help, a new doctor with a different approach and supplements for my heart has brought me out of the stark valley of not breathing well and bewildering fatigue.  I am slightly better each week.  I hope for more, though no one can know for sure that these improvements will continue or even hold in place.  But this is the first time in years that I’ve felt consistently better and this gives me courage.

 

It’s been a confusing time.  For almost a year, doctors have given mixed messages.  When their tests do not reveal a cause, they hesitate to say We Don’t Know to the point of blaming me- the couch potato idea was quashed with a glance at my calendars- yes, teaching in several states a year does not cause muscle weakness.  Recently one doctor said his test proved I was not ill.  I offered the perspective that his test did not show why I was ill, not that I wasn’t.  Do I need to teach in med schools now?

 

Enter a new doc in April and by mid-May I didn’t feel like I was dying.  This was a wonderful surprise.  I stopped making plans to finish last works and where should my massage table go.  And began to ponder the meaning of a serious threat now turned to continued living and seeking.  Whether there is to be more or if the postponement will show itself to be short, is unknown.

 

Some things seem to be clear.  My singing voice is gone, has been for a few years- not enough breath.  The couple of attempts at energy work to help people in pain have proven my gift to release pain is either gone or awaiting rejuvenation.  I still get out of breath if I talk for too long, though this too is improving.

 

I am feeling well enough that I have accepted two Zoom speaking invitations.  Sunday August 8th I’ll speak to Spring Friends Meeting in North Carolina- I will be interviewed by Chuck Fager.  On Monday evening August 9th I’ll offer a plenary to New England Yearly Meeting annual sessions on healing.  This will be recorded and on their website.

 

Other than that, most of my hours are given to resting and getting well.  I haven’t worked since November 2020.  I am not taking clients by phone or in person.  If I am going to recharge, then output is to be minimal.  Work on book #3 goes slowly and awaits fuller breathing from me.  I’m grateful for your encouragements on this too.

 

Again, thank you all for every manner of support along the way.  I hope this finds us all well, on the mend, and surrounded by what we need.  Thanks, John